Here are a few things I learned my first week of self-employment:
1. To-do lists are important
2. Coffee should always be black
3. Getting dressed for work in the morning makes me more productive
4. An open line of communication with my client(s) is key
5. More coffee is never a bad thing
6. Family time is refreshing
7. Plenty of sleep is most important
It's tough to put into words how I feel after just one week of freelancing. It's good and challenging all at the same time. Some days are stressful, other days are cake. But all in all I know I'm in the right place, and that is what keeps me going. The obstacles that are waiting for me are nothing to be compared with the feeling of victory afterwards.
One of my goals this year is to share my journey with you each week. And hopefully we can learn from each other, instead of feeling like we're all on our own. I hope your new year is off to a great start. Stay creative.